Who We Are
The mission of the Indiana Coalition for Human Services is to promote public policy that betters the lives of those at risk and in need.
Indiana Coalition for Human Services is Indiana’s unified voice for educating, advocating and mobilizing in support of policies that empower Hoosiers striving to reach their full potential.
The Coalition’s work is guided by three core values in all efforts to voice the needs of vulnerable Hoosiers: inclusiveness, comprehensiveness, and quality.
Specifically, ICHS advocates for:
- Inclusion of individuals and human service groups in priority setting, policy formulation, program development and evaluation;
- The development of comprehensive human services programming; and
- The delivery of quality human services programming in our state and local communities.
Coalition members voluntarily join together to communicate that all citizens are valued and to insure that human needs are provided. Members of the Coalition Cultivate, Advocate, Represent, and Educate (CARE):
|CULTIVATE||relationships with state and local officials.|
|ADVOCATE||with one unified voice.|
|REPRESENT||Coalition issues before the General Assembly.|
|EDUCATE||legislators, Coalition members, and the state-wide community about the issues affecting Indiana’s most vulnerable populations.|
Board of Directors
- Paulette Vandegriff, IN League of Women Voters, President
- Caitlin Priest, CareSource, Vice-President
- Kathleen Lara, Prosperity Indiana, Secretary
- Kristen LaEace, IN Association of Area Agencies on Aging, Treasurer
- Mark Fairchild, Covering Kids and Families of Indiana
- Mindi Goodpaster, Marion County Commission on Youth
- Ambre Marr, AARP Indiana
- Kerwin Olson, Citizens Action Coalition of IN
- David Sklar, Jewish Community Relations Council of Indianapolis
- Emily Weikert Bryant, Feeding Indiana’s Hungry
- Patti Stauffer, Planned Parenthood Indiana/Kentucky
- Susan Brouillette, Lafayette Urban Ministry