For Email Marketing you can trust
Helpful Action Links:
Tips for communicating with legislators by e-mail or phone or at Third House session:
- E-mail Subject line: Make sure your subject line is clear, such as “support Medicaid Expansion” or “why I support Medicaid expansion” or “how Medicaid expansion helps my community/mother/brother,” etc.
- Constituent: Be sure to specify when you are a constituent reaching out to your legislators. If you are an organization that serves constituents in a district, explain how in as few words as possible.
- Impact: Describe the specific impact for you, your family, your friend or client who is uninsured or who is insured and paying costs for the uninsured. Did you have garnishments from medical costs? Lose a home? Declare bankruptcy? Go without other basic needs? Delay life-sustaining treatment?
- Brevity: Communications should be clear and concise. Emails should be short. Opinion pages usually limit letters to 150, 200 or 250 words (check your media). Guest columns allow greater lengths.
- Resource for follow up: If you have local data or a story to share, please let the legislator (or his/her legislative assistant) to know that you have information to share, clients to meet, etc. Provide the ways to contact you (cell, email).